Sunday 18 October 2009

Two More Book Suggestions

Suggestion From Rebecca

Being a big fan of Stieg Larsson’s Millenium Trilogy, Rebecca was keen to suggest that we should read some Scandinavian crime ficiton - with suggestions including Arnaldur Indriðason (Iceland), Håkan Nesser (Sweden,) Henning Mankell (Sweden) and, Jo Nesbø (Norway). In the end, she plumped for Håkan Nesser, and for the time being I've selected his first novel published in English, The Return (but Rebecca, if you'd like a different Nesser, let me know!).



Suggestion from Russell

I’d like to suggest The Equivoque Principle by Darren Crask. Just because I like the sound of it. It’s got a Victorian ‘penny dreadful’, Sherlock Holmesian feel to it and I think it might be quite fun. I quite like the Sherlock Holmes stuff anyway but I’m hoping this will be a modern pastiche on a Victorian theme.





This now means that we've had 6 suggestions so far - which by my calculations, fills the first 6 months, without the need for a vote. However, if anyone would like to make a late suggestion, just let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment